That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Stories

Some people can tell a story really well.   Others... not so much.  My Dad is a good story teller.  He recently went on a missions trip to Bolivia, and today was the first time I've seen him since he got back.  He had alot of stories to tell.  It's somewhat funny because most people think of my Dad as a generally quiet person who doesn't have too much to say.  Well, that can change rather quickly if he has a story to tell.   Many of his stories relate to hunting.  I'm not a huge fan of hunting stories, but his aren't too bad.  He also has a lot of stories of things that happen to him at work.  Those are more interesting than the hunting ones.  His Bolivia stories were pretty good :).  It's interesting to hear about the culture and ways of different countries.

I've been on three mission trips.  I remember when I came back from Norway I talked about it for weeks and weeks.  I think my Mom was starting to get a little annoyed with me because she commented one day that I was going to have to go on another mission trip, so I would have something else to talk about.  I guess I haven't inherited my Dad's story telling ability.

As much as I like to talk (which is quite a bit), I do love listening to a well told story.  I love when someone makes a story so real that you can actually imagine yourself there.  It's just a neat feeling :).  Stories are fun! :)

1 comment:

  1. Where did you go on mission trips (besides Norway) and what did you do while you were there (including Norway)??

    ReplyDelete