That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Wonderful Day

Today is turning out to be a wonderful day, and it's not even over yet!  This morning I slept in a bit, so I was a little rushed getting ready for church, but I did make it in time.  When I arrived it was cloudy and kind of rainy.  The first thing I saw was Ryan standing outside the church handing tracts to people as they walked up and down the street.  What an encouragement!  I'm so blessed to be in a church where the people are serious about serving God.  Handing out a tract may seem like a small thing, but it's getting God's Word into the hands of more people in North Bay.  Who knows... maybe someday one of those people will get saved because Ryan was out there handing out tracts Sunday morning.


I walked in the door of the church and was blessed again to see an older couple that I semi-recognized.  They were visiting from southern Ontario, and I had crossed paths with the lady at FaithWay.  It was a blessing to have them in our service today.  We also had another lady from North Bay visit our church today.  She came in and said she had driven by and seen our sign and wanted to come out to a service.  So, she came today! Amen!  She said she would be back, and she also said she would attend our lady's Bible study this Thursday morning.  Amen again! I'm not sure if she is saved, but she is definitely seeking, and she came to the right place.  God is working in our little church.


This afternoon I was blessed to go to our monthly service at Marina Point, which is a retirement home.  We had two ladies in attendance today, and several who were sitting in the background hopefully listening (even though they were playing Bridge).  Then I hung out with my Mom and Dad for a while (got coffee :), and now I'm blogging about my blessings.  Not only that, but the sun is shining now and it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL outside.  I think I'll walk to church tonight.  I wonder what's going to happen in the service this evening?  Whatever it is, I know it's going to be good.  


Oh and I almost forgot!  My other blessing is that Coco is coming to visit me for a couple of days.  She is en route right now, and should be here sometimes this evening.  This is probably the last time I'll see her for maybe several years, and I'm really glad she's taking the time to come up.  


Last Sunday in church we listened to the testimony of a man named Bruce Frye.  Amazing testimony of how God saved him.  Wow!  The whole church was in tears by the end of it.  I was even crying, and I don't cry!  It just reminded me of what a wonderful, loving, and powerful God we have.  He really can and does change lives.  His grace and mercy is infinite.  His testimony also spoke to the power of prayer.  Mr. Frye's brother prayed for him for something like twenty years that he would be saved.  He never gave up praying, and God did answer in an awesome way.  Bruce Frye was a country music singer.  Now he uses his music for the Lord.  It was a reminder to me to use my musical talents to glorify God.


If you haven't read the verse that is the heading on my blog in a while, read it right now.  It's been a great blessing to me over the last few weeks!  
Sunday is definitely my favourite day of the week :).



No comments:

Post a Comment