That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Youth Hike

I thought I'd share some pictures of our hike with the Youth Group at Church this past Saturday.  The trail got much more rugged than this later on :).  It also got a little wet in places because we've been getting a lot of rain lately.  I did get a bit of a soaker :(  Tessa and I decided we need to get some rubbers for our next hike.  They make such pretty ones now with flowers and colourful designs on them.  When I was a kid I was limited to black, grey, and green.  How boring was that!?


The fall colours were amazing!!!!




We did manage to keep the boys out of the water.  Sean found a dead mole and threw it in the river.  That was pretty gross, so I didn't take a picture of it, but Pastor Bauserman got some.  


The hike didn't take that long, so we played in the park a bit after.  It's amazing how much fun teenagers have in a playground meant for little kids!  I think they enjoyed the park more than the hike!  Just as we left to head back to the church for pizza it started to rain.  God's timing is always perfect :).  Even in the weather :).


Mmmmm... pizza and root beer.  My favourite!! I wish I could take credit for the pizza being my idea, but it was actually Mrs. Bauserman's.  She has good ideas when it comes to food!  Originally we wanted to do a hot dog roast, but they were calling for rain, so we opted for pizza.


The boys had fun playing tricks on Jonathon (left).  He came up from Barrie to help, and he did the devotional for us.  I'm not sure what trick Sean is trying to play on him here, but I'm sure he had something up his sleeve :).


God's creation is so beautiful!  It was a fun day, and there was an excellent spirit among all the teens.  I know I had a blast!  But most of the time I consider myself an "older" teenager anyways :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment