That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pictures from My Grand Opening


I've actually been open since July, but I had a Grand Opening last Thursday.  It was supposed to be this big event with the Mayor, and media coverage, but none of that happened. I did get some good pictures though :).  I had three new people come in to ask about lessons, and  many friends and students dropped in as well.  I'm very thankful for all the support I've gotten from the community in my new business venture.

Me and my Mom holding my ribbon that the Mayor was supposed to cut with me.  Since he didn't end up coming, we didn't actually cut the it.  My Mom spent quite a while making it look all pretty by drawing music notes on it and attaching the hangy stuff.  That was the one bonus of the Mayor not making it, is that my pretty ribbon is still intact :).
  

The food!!  The posters in the background are entries in our Canada Music Week Poster Contest held be the North Bay branch of ORMTA.  The prizes are going to be awarded next Saturday, and an Open House is being held to show all the entries in the contest.


This is Ron, my guitar teacher.  He played a really nice jazz piece at the open house.  


The ceremonial ribbon cutting.  Kara and Joanna are holding the ribbon.  They both teach piano. My Mom is in the background along with one of my voice students, Ron the guitar teacher, and my former piano teacher from when I was a teenager.


This is another one of my voice students.  She and I sang together.


All of us again.  Left to right: Me, Marilyn (we've played a couple of shows together, and we both accompany A LOT of students for the Kiwanis Festival), Allison (my voice student), Kara, Joanna, and Jessica (voice student).


Thanks again everyone for coming!  I appreciate all the support.  

No comments:

Post a Comment