That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thinking Positively

I was thinking last night that I've been feeling/talking/thinking/writing a bit negatively the last few days.  Sometimes negativity is necessary.  When a mother tells her child not to touch the hot stove, she's not doing it just to be negative, but to protect her child from harm.  Often a negative word or even a negative sermon in church can be a good thing.  It may shock us into action.  It may make us take heed to a warning to protect ourselves from harm.  It may make us more vigilant against evil.  However; being negative ALL the time is simply not healthy.  Have you ever met one of those people who never has anything positive to say?  I know some, and they drive me nuts!  If it's snowing they complain about the cold.  If it's raining the complain about being wet and chilly.  If it's sunny (you would think that would make them happy), they complain that it's hot and sweaty.  It's ALL complaining (negative), ALL the time.  


I decided that since I've posted a few negative blogs (tattoos, CT-20, Bible reading) recently, that the next few posts are going to be positive.  I'm going to start with this quote that I just read.  I got it from the Way of Life Literature website, and they had quoted it from another source.  I hope I don't get in trouble for plagiarism because I don't know who said it originally!  But, it was just SO good that I wanted to share it with my blog readers.


 “When God is going to do something wonderful, He begins with difficulty; if it is going to be something very wonderful, He begins with an impossibility!” 


Enjoy your day, and remember to think positively!!!  SMILE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment