That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Monday, November 15, 2010

Why I Changed

I really, REALLY liked the background I had on my blog before, but there was one slight problem that had been bothering me.  The verse underneath my title was running into the really dark part on the flower, and it was hard to make out the words at the end of the line.  I tried to fix it several different ways, but nothing worked.  If I made the text colour lighter you could see it on the flower part, but you couldn't see it on the rest of the page.  When the text colour was dark it wasn't visible on the flower.  Finally I decided I would have to change the background instead of trying to mess with the text.  Well, I went through about 5 or 6 different backgrounds before I found something that worked, and that I liked!  


It's funny because I went through this orange phase a couple of years ago.  I have an orange wall in my house to prove it.  When I saw this background initially my thought was... yah, that was something I would have picked two years ago, but not now.  Well, as it turns out, it was the only background I could tolerate that would show up my verse text.  Maybe it's a sign that I need to embrace the orange again :).


I had wanted to change my blog a bit, but the only thing I wanted to change was the verse at the top of it.  I was going to change it and then write a post asking if anyone could tell what I had changed.  I'd do that now, but everyone would think I changed the background, and no one would notice the verse was different!  So, READ my verse.  It's different :)


I found a really good blog with pictures that have Scripture verses on them.  If you click on the banner on the side of my blog, I've linked to it.  There's some really beautiful pictures, and the fact that they have Bible verses on them make them even more beautiful.  I've always wanted a nice picture with a Bible verse on it to hang in my house.  My Mom has an absolutely gorgeous picture that is the text of Ephesians 4:32 in fancy writing with flowers and stuff around it.  It's big and in a nice frame, and I want it, but she won't give it to me :(.  But, that's okay.  At least I can look at it when I go to my parent's house.


I might take a break from all my theological ramblings and post a few things that have been going on in my life tomorrow.  We'll see.  I'll probably change my mind because I'll have a conversation with someone or read something in my Bible that will trigger another post about some spiritual topic.  I must not talk with my Mom about theology that much anymore, because it seems like I'm writing out all my deep theological discussions and putting them on my blog!  The strange thing though, is that my Mom and I do still have deep theological discussions.  Oh well, sometimes I get a few interesting comments when I write about my beliefs.  I've always had a lot of opinions, but I hope I've grown to the point of backing my opinions up with Scripture.  Of course, some people are just not going to believe the Bible no matter how much someone proves to them it's the truth.


Anyways, I must call it a night.  I hope I can tolerate this new background.  It's pretty colourful and crazy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment