That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Monday, December 13, 2010

A Random Sort of Post...

I stole my title from my friends blog... she used it last week, but it fits this post :).


Wow, are we ever getting a blizzard!!! It snowed pretty much all day yesterday, and today hasn't been much different.  It took me an hour to shovel my driveway this morning.  I'm quite sore from all the HARD WORD... exercise :).  I generally enjoy shovelling, but drifts that are a foot high are not so much fun.  Thankfully my street was ploughed before I had to go to work.  I don't think my car would have made it through all that snow.  I saw some guy just about bush his truck on my street because he took the corner too fast!  


I'm SUPER excited that this is my last week of work before Christmas holidays :) :) :) :) :) :) :).  I'm very much looking forward to two weeks of nothing over Christmas.  This week is not going to be any less busy though.  I have university exams to grade, lessons to teach, lot's of book work for the Academy, cantata practice, cantata decorations, cantata performances, and Christmas shopping to finish.  


Last night I watched some church's Christmas cantata's online.  I watched FaithWay and Lancaster Baptist (in California).  My Mom was worried that the Bethlehem scene for our cantata wouldn't look very good, but it's just as good as the one's I saw last night (if not better)!  She did a great job :).  The internet is so amazing.  It's so cool to think that I was watching churches in Ajax and California all in the same night, all in the comfort of my own home!  I'm very thankful for churches that have these technological resources and use them to be a blessing to others.  They were a blessing to me :).


I'm also thinking about my New Year's reflections.  I don't usually make resolutions because I can never keep them.  However; I always like to take a look back on the year and just reflect on how God has strengthened me, helped me, encouraged me, and how I have grown as a Christian.  I never want to stop growing in my Christian walk.  I'm so thankful for a kind and patient Saviour.  I think He needs extra patience with me.  I'm so stubborn and hardheaded sometimes, and yet He continues to speak to me and work in my life to make me more like Him.   Anyways, I'm not going to write my New Year's reflections yet.... that will be a later post.  


This past Saturday was my studio recital.  It went really well, and all the students did a great job.  It was a tad bit long, so we might need to change things a bit for the next recital.  My favourite part was the goodies that we ate after :).  Saturday evening was my staff Christmas supper.  We went to the Clarion restaurant Senses.  The food was SOOOOOOOOO yummy.  I had seafood pasta.... mmmmmmmm!!!!  I'm pretty sure that's going to become a yearly tradition.  After dinner I went to the symphony concert.  Someone gave a friend of mine tickets, so I got to go for free.... woo hoo :) :).  It was one of the best Christmas symphony concerts I've gone too!  Unfortunately, I was getting really tired by that point in the day, so it was a bit hard to keep my eyes open.  The Christmas sing-a-long was my favourite part.  It was so amazing to hear nearly a thousand people singing Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.  There are some amazing doctrinal truths in those songs, and I was blessed!  The symphony opened the concert with Joy to the World.  It was so beautiful.  It made me think of the night Jesus was born and the angels singing to the shepherds.  Can you imagine being one of those shepherds and seeing the sky full of angels?  And then hearing them sing praises to God about the birth of the Messiah?  How amazing, how wonderful, how beautiful that must of been.  How SHOCKED those shepherds must have been.  I think sometimes we fail to connect emotionally with stories in the Bible because we have heard them so often.  They become trite... just a story.  But those were REAL people in a REAL place who REALLY heard and experienced angels singing!!!  I can't even imagine how amazing that music must have been.  I'm a musician... a picky one at that.  I love really good music, but it has to be really good for me to love it!  I can hardly wait until I get to heaven and can make music there.  It will be MORE than really good!!!  Sometimes I wish I could have been one of those shepherds.  That's certainly an experience one would never forget!


And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.  Luke 2:20.

No comments:

Post a Comment