That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Recitals and more...

It's that time of year again!  Recitals, recitals, and more recitals.  Every year I try to think of an easy way to have a recital, but I've come to the conclusion that's probably not possible.  Even though I start practicing with the students early, so they will be prepared, there's always the ones that leave memorizing their words until the VERY last minute!  I'm not sure if they realize how much that stresses me (the teacher) out!!!  This year finding a venue was a bit of a challenge, but after several phone calls, and some shopping around that's been worked out.  Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post, but generally I'm too busy at my recitals to take any :).  That's what comes from being a voice teacher and accompanying all my students!


Recital # 1.  This Saturday at Brava Music Studios is the Candy Cane Recital.  It's an ORMTA recital, and they always like to have a Christmas Carol sing-a-long, so as the vocal teacher I get the distinguished honour of hosting :).  


December 4th is going to be a very busy day, because after the aforementioned recital, I have the Christmas Telethon to go to.  Two of my students are performing a duet.  If you have Bell TV you can watch us around 5:00-5:10pm on channel 297 :).  But, if you watch you MUST vote for us too :)!!!  


Recital # 2.  Again this Saturday (ahhhh....).  At 7:00pm I have two students participating in an adult recital at a fellow music teacher's home.  This is more like a casual evening gathering where adult music students can come and play their pieces or (in the case of my students), sing their Christmas carols.  


Recital # 3.  This is the BIG one.  My very first studio recital for the new Academy December 11th at 1:00pm.  I haven't make the program for this one yet, but there's going to be ALOT of music.  I was able to book a church for this recital, which I was pretty excited about.  Churches have such a nice atmosphere for music and also have lots of room for everyone to bring their parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles and friends and cousins and....  


So, today will be another evening of practicing Christmas Carols with my students and making sure they all know how to bow.  That bowing thing is QUITE the ordeal sometimes.  Who knew teaching kids how to bow could be such a big thing?!  The candy canes have all been purchased, so I can tick that off the list :).  Candy canes come in some pretty adventurous flavours these days... bubblegum, blueberry, cherry.  Personally, I prefer the traditional red and white peppermint.  I still have to do some baking... ha!  Maybe I can convince my Mom to help me out in that department.  Or there's always the Pillsbury pre-made cookies that you just stick in the oven and bake.  They even come in nice Christmas colours.   I'm thinking that's a good option :) :).  


Now I'm off to make music.... 'Tis the season to be jolly.  Fa la la la la la la la la :)

No comments:

Post a Comment