That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blocked

I think I have writer's block.  Haha... not that I don't have things I would write about.  I have TONS of stuff to write.  I'm just not so sure about posting it on the internet for the world to read :).   Maybe it's just the February blues.  Apparently February is the most depressing month of the year... or so I've heard.  I've never felt that way about February, but I have a pretty good reason for that :).  Check back tomorrow or the next day to find out why... if you haven't already figured it out.  Although, next year my "happy" reason for February probably WILL make me a little depressed :(.  


I think I'm just a little bogged down by life in general right now.  You know, work, work, work, work!!!!  I enjoy work, but sometimes I feel like I get stuck in a rut.  Or I keep thinking about future possibilities, and getting maybe just a little stressed about that.  I just need to remember it's all in the Lord's hands.  That's the great thing about being a Christian.  God doesn't just care about the spiritual aspect of my life.  He's not just something that comes up on Sundays.  God is in control of EVERY aspect of my life.  He cares about my job, my house, my relationships with other people.  He's there Monday through Saturday.  And of course on Sunday too :) :).  It sure brings peace knowing I can trust in Him for EVERYTHING!  Honestly, I don't know how the world does it.  No wonder so many people are having mental breakdowns and suffering from stress related problems.  I'd probably be crazy by now if I didn't have God in my life!


Another thing that bogs me down is definitely my spiritual life.  It's so easy to get discouraged, to feel like I've failed, or like I'm not doing enough.  I'm only human, so I can't expect to feel all happy and joyful all the time... can I?  Sin is an awful thing.  I think discouragement is one of Satan's most effective weapons against the Christian, and discouragement is a sin.  Right now he's trying to make me discouraged, but I'm fighting it as hard as I can!!!!  So, whenever this happens I try to look for the blessings.  It's easy to focus on the negative.  We only have 5 young people in our youth group.  That's discouraging.  But wait.... two years ago we had ZERO. God has given an increase.  And those teens actually ASKED me to plan an activity for them this month.  I was going to wait until March Break, but they wanted to do something sooner!  God is working constantly.  I believe that with all my heart.  Maybe we don't have people getting saved every week, or a congregation of 100 at our church, but God IS working!  Numbers are a human way of measuring success.  God isn't interested in quantity, but in quality.  He is opening doors in my community, and I believe it's partly because I've started praying more.  


Yup... this is my attempt to stay positive in the midst of some very discouraging circumstances!  It's not an easy thing to do, but discouragement isn't an option for the Christian.  I wonder what would have happened if Jeremiah gave up?  He was ALONE!  Hey, I've got 20 people at my church, and that's more than Jeremiah ever had.  Daniel only had his three friends when they stood up against eating the kings food.  Four people in the midst of hundreds!  Wow... I wonder if they were discouraged?  I wonder what would have happened if they had given up?  Elijah often felt alone and discouraged, but God gave him 7000 people who hadn't bowed to Baal.  I hope God gives my church 7000 too :) :).  Wishful thinking?  Maybe, but if He could do it for Elijah, why can't He do it in my city?


Psalm 27:14
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!!

    Hope you have a great birthday! :) Don't worry about next year's bday! It doesn't change a thing!! :)

    ReplyDelete