That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Friday, February 4, 2011

Car Trouble and Blessings

Yesterday I had my parent's truck at my house.  It has remote start :) :). It's wonderful on cold days. I can start the truck from INSIDE and let it warm up.  Usually, I make a mad dash in the freezing cold to my car to start it and let it warm up before work.  I only live about a 2 minute drive from work, but I really don't like driving there and shivering all the way.  


Last night after work, I drove the truck back to my house, and my Mom was going to drive my car back.  When my Mom comes out and helps me at work she sometimes stays overnight at my house, and sometimes she drives home.  If she drives home she usually takes my car because it's better on gas than her truck.  Just as I pulled in the driveway I could hear my cell phone vibrating.  I had a voicemail.  It was from my Mom. My car was dead! I turned around and drove back down to my store to get her.  We decided to leave my car there, and try to start it again in the morning.  We didn't have time (or energy) to deal with it then, and the Chinese food delivery guy was on the way to my house, so we had to get home :).


This is not my actual car.  My pic wouldn't upload.
And my car is never this clean :)
This morning when we got to my store, the first thing I did was try to start my car.  It was dead!  Deader than a door nail.  I turned the key and .... nothing.  No sound... just nothing.  We had decided last night that if it was still dead we would call Pastor B. and ask him to come give it a boost.  He came down around 1:30 and tried to boost it.  It was DEAD! Meanwhile I was looking on all the car dealership's websites in town checking out prices of pre-owned vehicles :) :).  I even checked the BMW website!  Yes, I was actually kind of excited about my car being dead... LOL!  Not that I can afford to go out a buy a new car, but I do need a car, so if mine was a goner then I'd have to do something!


I had started my afternoon of teaching, so Mrs. B. volunteered to take my car's battery to Canadian Tire and have them check it.  I got a phone call a bit later, and my battery was dead.  They put a new one in, and now my car has resurrected.  Yay.... I guess.  I was seeing BMW... (cough), 2006 or so Pontiac G6 in my future (maybe a Honda Civic if I was lucky), but no more :(.  The Sunflower...Sunfire will be good for a few more days anyways.


I am very blessed to have friends I can call on when things like this happen.  Some people would be worried and upset if their car just died like that for no reason.  I didn't worry for a second.  I knew somehow it would all work out.  Honestly, I didn't even think about it much.  Pastor B. came, I was teaching, and by the time I finished work at 6:30pm my car was ready to go.  I didn't have to do a thing!  I'm so thankful for good friends, and a Heavenly Father who is always watching out for me.  


 That new BMW sure would have been nice though....  :) :).

1 comment: