That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Sunday, February 20, 2011

What We do For Fun

I spent this past Saturday at my parent's house, and while I was there I took a few pictures.  I know... it's amazing... I actually took a picture.  Well, my Mom took some of them... LOL.


These are some things people at my parent's house do for fun on a Saturday.


My Mom calls this my Dad's new toy :). No... not the chainsaw.  He's had that for a while.  She is referring to the wood pile.    For some reason he really likes chopping wood??  I still haven't figured out how this is fun????  And believe me, I've done the whole wood chopping/piling thing. That was our Saturday tradition all winter long when we were kids.  Although things were a bit more rough back then.  We actually had to go into the bush and cut the wood up, throw it in the back of the truck, haul it home, throw it off, wait for it to dry out, and then pile it in the woodshed.  This year Dad got wood drags delivered, so no hauling it out of the bush.  Then in the fall we had to take the wood from the woodshed, pile it in the trailer on the back of the four wheeler (or lawn tractor), throw it in the basement, and then pile it again.  On the bright side... we've never been cold in the winter :).

 Notice the FULL woodshed in the background?    There may be dull moments around our household, but there will NEVER be a cold moment :).


 While Dad is out in the freezing cold chopping wood, Mom and I played Scrabble.  This is part way through the first game we played... which my mother won.  We played again, and I won, but she won the third game!  :( :(.  I was getting pretty good at beating her, but yesterday was not my day!  Although, in the first game she got the z, q, x, and j, AND made a 7 letter word.  I really had no chance.  The other game she won, she only beat my by 15 points, so it was close!  Maybe I need to read the Scrabble dictionary more.


1 comment:

  1. Jess, I know about cutting wood. Not me, but my husband. Seems to be an obsession with him. not that we need that much since we are in the south ~
    but something about it gives him satisfaction.
    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete