That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Friday, March 25, 2011

Blessings

I am blessed.  You may think that sounds self-centred, and maybe it is, but it's true.  I am VERY blessed, and I'm blessed (happy) to be blessed :D.  Self-centred or not, one of my favourite times at church is when Pastor asks us if anyone has any blessings to share.  It always encourages me to hear the blessings of others.  The Bible even says we are to "rejoice with them that do rejoice" (Rom. 12:15).  The same verse also says we are to "weep with them that weep."  Basically, we are to share the emotions of our brothers and sisters in Christ.  It's all about encouragement, support, fellowship, and edification.  


I understand difficulties and trials come. Let's not be guilty of not comforting those in suffering and praying for them! But, I do think it's much more pleasant to be happy than to be sad. Although, sometimes it takes a little bit of effort to see the blessings :). I think we pass over many good things because we view them as insignificant.  At least I know I do.  However, if God sees the sparrow fall, and knows how many hairs are on my head, I'm convinced He's pleased when we praise Him for the small things.  So, I invite you to rejoice with me, and even to share your blessings so I can rejoice with you.  


Blessing # 1
I already shared my answered prayers this week.  God answered again!  Tonight I got to invite one of my students to Youth Group, and I was able to invite a university student that I teach to church.  Also, on Friday's I teach two students who are Christians. We don't always talk about God, but tonight I had exceptionally good conversations with both of them about spiritual things. I think I'll keep praying that God opens doors for me to speak about Him!  It's good talking about the Lord.


Blessing # 2 (the mundane stuff :)
It was still daylight when I finished teaching tonight!! 
My health is good.
I have a lovely home.
God is abundantly providing for all my needs.
My Mom had a safe trip down south taking my sister and nephew back home.
It's the weekend!!!!
My car
Sunshine :)


Blessing # 3
This year I took a huge leap of faith and started my own business.  From a financial standpoint it was kind of scary.  Not only did I need to finance my business, but I still had to pay my mortgage and all my bills.  God has truly been with me each step of the way, and He has blessed beyond what I expected! I'm not a millionaire...yet... LOL, but He is providing for every need.  Beyond that, I really like my job.  I do get tired (really tired), grumpy, and just plain frustrated at times, but when I think of all the other things I could be stuck doing, I grateful for the opportunity to something I enjoy.


Blessing # 4 (spiritual stuff)
Salvation ~ where would I be without the grace and mercy of God!
A God who loves me, cares for me, guides me, protects me, etc. etc. (this list could get really long!)
The Bible ~ Thank you Lord... that's all I can say.
My church family ~ They're great people
My Pastor ~ I'm thankful for a godly pastor who encourages me to live for Christ in every possible way I can 
The new people God has brought to our church.
Opportunities to speak about Christ ~ yeah, I already said that... oh well :).


Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment