That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Road Trips

Whew... this past week was super busy, but super fun too!  It was March Break for all the public schools, which also meant I got a week off work :).  I've been making plans for my holiday for a while now.  When I get time off work, I want to take advantage of it. I spent the last week taking five road trips!!!  Good times :).


The first road trip was to the Youth Conference at Victory Baptist Church in Peterborough. Myself and 3 teens from my church left Monday morning for the almost 4 hour drive.  It actually turned into an almost 5 hour drive because we stopped for lunch, and I did get a little bit lost when I was trying to find the church :P.     At least the weather was great for driving.  Nice and sunny :).  I'll post more about the conference later.  We enjoyed some fabulous preaching, great food, and good fellowship.  I didn't want to miss any of the preaching, so we stayed until the end on Tuesday night.  The host Pastor assured me everything would be done by 9pm, but you know how these things go.  Does anyone ever finish on time?  Haha.  We didn't do too badly though, and managed to start our drive home around 9:30pm.  Our "quick" stop at Tim Horton's added about 15 minutes to our drive, but that's okay.  I guess when there's only 2 people working you can't expect them to have your coffee made in 20 seconds.  We got home around 1:30am.  I was a little tired on Wednesday (and a bit grumpy), so it's a good thing my Mom came with me for the next road trip :).


The second half of my week was spent with family.  My Mom and I left Wednesday afternoon for the 4 hour drive to my sister's house.  After a day there my Mom, sister, nephew, and I headed off to visit my brother and his family.  That's 4 hour drive #4 if anyone is counting.  My brother and sister-in-law just had a new baby girl the end of February, and my sister had not seen her yet.  She is the sweetest little baby ever!  She makes the cutest faces when she's sleeping, and she barely ever cries.  We had a great visit at my brother's.  After breakfast with them on Saturday morning, we embarked on our last 4 (and a bit) hour drive back to my parent's house.  My sister and her little boy are staying there for a few days.  Basically, I travelled in one gigantic circle during March Break!  However, after all those long drives, the 1.5 hour drive to church this morning from my parent's house almost seemed short! Haha!! :). 


Tomorrow it's back to work for me.  Later this week my Mom has to drive my sister back home.  I can't say I'm too disappointed about missing that 4 hour drive (one way). 

No comments:

Post a Comment