That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Monday, April 18, 2011

I Wonder What Would Happen If...??

I wonder what would happen ....


~ If we (Christians) read our Bibles every day? (Ps. 119:97)
~ If we really believed every person without Christ would spend eternity in hell? (Rom. 6:23)
~ If we believed the Bible was really true... 100% of it? (Ps. 119:160)
~ If we were really crucified with Christ? (Gal. 2:20)
~ If we really sought first the kingdom of God? (Matt. 6:33)
~ If we really separated ourselves from evil? (II Cor. 6:17)
~ If we really cleaved to what is good? (Rom. 12:9)
~ If we really feared God? (Deut. 6:2) 
~ If we were passionate about God's holiness? (Lev. 11:44)
~ If we loved as Christ loved? (I John 3:16)
~ If all we thought of were things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, and of good report? (Phil. 4:8)
~ If we obeyed God's commandments? (Deut. 11:27)
~ If we kept our heart with all diligence? (Pro. 4:23)
~ If we actually gave our bodies to the Lord? (Rom 12:1)
~ If we really allowed the Spirit to control our lives? (Eph. 5:18)
~ If we stopped coveting? (Ps. 119:36)
~ If we stopped trying to "fit in"? (I John 2:15-16)
~ If we prayed? (James 5:16)
~ If we stopped trying to be friends with the world? (Jam. 4:4) 
~ If we did good when we know to do good? (Jam. 4:17)
~ If we actually listened to the sermon the pastor preached each Sunday? (Heb. 13:7)
~ If we gave out gospel tracts regularly? (Acts 1:8).
~ If we did the works meet for repentance? (Acts 26:20)


I wonder what would happen if all we did was seek to put Christ first in EVERY aspect of our lives?  

Is Christ worth it?  Is He worth us giving up our rock music (even the CCM stuff!).  Is He worth us giving up those wicked, violent, and profane television shows and video games?  Is He worth us not seeing that movie with cursing and immorality in it?  Is He worth not taking that one drink of alcohol?  Is He worth not going to the dance?  Is He worth wearing clothes that cover us modestly?  Is He worth not puffing on that cigarette?   Is He worth not saying that "almost" swear word?  Is He worth us giving up a few things, that we might have a better testimony for Him?  Is He worth us handing out the tract?  Is He worth us serving Him?  Is He worth us witnessing to our lost friends?  Is He worth us spending time in His Word and prayer?  Is He worth someone getting angry at us, or calling us names because we're Christians?  Is He worth trying to do what is right and good?  Is He worth obeying His commands?

Yes, He IS worth it!  He promises eternal life for those who accept Him as Saviour (John 3:16).  He promises rewards for service (I Cor. 3:14).  He promises joy (Ps. 30:5), peace (Phil. 4:7), victory (I Cor. 5:17), and blessing (Ps. 128:1, 5) for those who live for Him.  I believe if we Christians really got serious about living for Christ our lives would change.  I believe our churches would change.  I believe our world would change.  I believe many people would be reached with the gospel, and would be saved.  I believe that we can do it, and I believe it's not happening because we're not serious about it.  We need to get ourselves, the world, and the flesh out of the way, and let God work through us! We need to return to the basics.  Read His Word, believe it, and then live it.  We need to tune our hearts to Christ. Then we will see REAL change!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post, Jess :) Very encouraging, and it gave me some things to think about as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Did you steal my pastor's sermon notes from yesterday? :) Great post, Jess....as usual! Convicting, honest, and to the point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jen. I'm glad it was encouraging, and believe me, it made me think a WHOLE lot while I was writing it too!
    @ Sarah. Haha... no I didn't steal your pastor's sermon notes, but I borrowed a bit from my Pastor's sermon :).

    ReplyDelete