That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Friday, April 29, 2011

Slacking Off

I admit it... I've been slacking in the blog department.  If anyone has missed reading my mostly theological, somewhat rambling, and often just too long posts, I apologize.  My lack of writing is not because I have nothing to write about.  I sure I have at least 25 ideas for posts :P.  What I need is simply more time.  However, working, eating, and sleeping take priority over blogging.  That's just the way it is!


I've contemplated giving up the blog thing altogether.  I have this bad feeling that someday I'm going to write something I'll regret later, so if I just quit writing I won't have to worry about that happening.  It's kind of like when you were a kid and got your first diary.  Remember that?  It had a lock on it, and you wrote all your secrets in it.  How you felt, who you liked, you're innermost thoughts that you had never told anyone.  Then one day you unlock your diary only to discover your brother and best friend hacked into it, read everything, and scribbled pictures and smily faces all over the pages!  You were ENRAGED!  DEVASTATED!  All those secrets weren't secrets anymore! Now you regretted ever keeping a diary in the first place.  Some things are just better left unwritten.  However, I haven't shared any deep, dark secrets on my blog yet (not that I have any).  I do sometimes share my feelings, but it's nothing I wouldn't tell anyone in person.  That's my rule.  If I wouldn't share it with someone in real life, it probably shouldn't go on the blog. I also enjoy writing, so I'll probably keep it up.


So, this week I'd like to get back to posting with a bit more regularity.  It probably won't be every day or anything like that.  We'll see. On a final note, here's a verse I read this week that encouraged me.  It's one of those I-never-really-noticed-this-before, and it's even from a passage I have memorized.  It's not a famous verse, but it's not an obscure verse either.  It's sort of one of those verses that I think gets lost amongst the famous ones.  I just thought it was interesting.
Philippians 3:15 
Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment