That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Bit of Randomness

As I'm typing this, my hands are covered in paint.  I think I'm the messiest painter in Canada! LOL!  As you've probably noticed, there hasn't been a whole lot of posting going on here lately.  Don't worry.  I fully intend on continuing my Worship series.  I have a couple more articles in the works, but I want to spend a little more time studying before I post them. 


Ah... time!  Where does it go?  Many of my American friends have already gone back to school. It's crazy!  Let's just say, I love the fact that in Canada we don't go back to school until after Labour Day :).  So, we have to go a bit longer in the spring, but August usually has some of the nicest weather, and who wants to be sitting in a classroom when the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the air is fresh and beautiful!  Not that I plan on sitting in a classroom anytime soon, but my job follows the same schedule as school.  So it's back to teaching for me next week :).


Speaking of my job...  lots changes are going on at the studio.  Walls being built, other walls being torn out, painting (hence the reason my hands are covered in paint :), planning, decorating, cleaning, and scraping carpet glue off tile.  Whoever invented carpet glue did a really good job.  That stuff DOES NOT like to come off!  People told me when I bought my house, that work never ends when you have a house.  There's always something that needs to be done. Well, a business is worse!  Haha.  Not that I mind working, but I don't believe there's any such thing as an "established" business.  It's always changing.  But, I'm glad things are busy, because if they weren't, I'd be in trouble!  The challenge is facilitating the change, organizing, and making the best decisions for the business.


When it comes to making decisions I sure am glad I'm a Christian.  I honestly don't know how people without the Lord do it.  I mean live!  I'm constantly praying for wisdom and guidance.  No wonder most of the world is sick with stress.  They have no one to turn to.  The Bible promises us that God will guide us.  He has every step of our lives planned out.  He knows the end from the beginning, and He's directing my path.  Two of my favourite verses on this subject are Psalm 32:8 and Psalm 48:14


I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.


There's so much comfort and peace in knowing that God is with me each step of the way.  I tend to be a worrier.  I'm sure if I wasn't a Christian, I'd be in the mental institution because of a stress related breakdown!  But, with Jesus as my guide, I don't have to worry.  He's proved Himself faithful time and time again, and each time He does, it's easier to trust Him for the next decision.  

No comments:

Post a Comment