That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Sunday, December 18, 2011

EXCITED About...!!!!!!!!!!

I missed my Sunday Scripture post this week, although I'm not sure anyone noticed.  I'll try not to miss it next week :).  It was a very busy weekend.  I had Christmas recitals for my studio on Saturday.  I was bracing myself for that to be a very hectic day, but things went smoothly, and the student's performances were excellent.  I think this is probably the first time I've actually genuinely enjoyed my Christmas recitals!  I wasn't too stressed.  I didn't forget any of the music (it's happened before :P).  I had lots of help (thanks other teachers and MOM!).  The students seemed calm and were well-prepared.  That fact in itself significantly lowers the teacher's stress levels that's for sure!  And now it's just one more week of teaching and then Christmas HOLIDAYS!  Yay!!!!!!!!

I had a thought today.  I read somewhere one time that if more Christians got excited about church, it would help in making other people want to come to church.  It's interesting the things we get excited about.  The things we are passionate about.  I was pretty excited about my recitals.  Both nervous excited and happy excited!  I know I smiled a lot when I congratulated the student's on their performances.  I know I spoke with enthusiasm in my voice when talking with the parents about how well their children were progressing in their music.  It was an exciting day!  I wanted to tell people about how well my students did.  I even wanted to brag a bit about them.  After all, I did teach them how to play/sing that music!  And they practiced hard all the things I told them to practice.  We did a good job!  I'm really not that arrogant... I promise. LOL!  My point is, I was excited!

Am I that excited about church?  Am I that excited about living for Christ?

A lot of people get excited about hockey, baseball, football, movies, shows, singers, books, hunting, computers, and the list could go on.  We all have our passions, our hobbies, things we really enjoy. It amazes me sometimes how Christians can get so excited about things that are so worthless. Like professional sports for instance. In my opinion, professional sports do very little to better society.  I know some would argue to the contrary, but that's just my opinion. People will scream, cheer, and yell when their team scores a goal, but they'll barely even say an "Amen" in church when the pastor is preaching about our Amazing, Wonderful, Almighty, God!  I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying a good hockey game now and then, but I do think we sometimes get a little unbalanced.  

I get excited on the inside about church, but often I don't let it show on the outside.  I get excited about reading my Bible, about God answering my prayers, and about living for Christ.  I often don't let those things show either. Part of that is my personality.  I'm not an extremely bubbly, outgoing person. I'm not an intense, passionate, person.  I don't tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve.  But, I do really, really, REALLY enjoy going to church.  I really enjoy my pastor's preaching.  It helps me so much.  I enjoy the fellowship.  I think my church is a good place to go!  Actually, I'm 100% convinced it is the best church for miles around!  If I wasn't, I'd find somewhere else to go that was better.  The simple truth is that there is no where better.  I think everyone should come to my church!  It's the place to be! I'm excited about church and look forward to going each week!

Psalm 26:8
LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

Psalm 122:1
I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment