That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Friday, July 13, 2012

Stuff from This Week

So much for posting regularly on my blog :P!  I had another post planned for this week, but it will have to wait for next week.  Although, next week is going to be CRAZY!  I'm doing a vocal camp in the mornings, teaching in the afternoons, and playing for a show in the evenings.  I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to fit in all my teaching around the camp and the show, but I will manage somehow.  It's really my only crazy week of the whole summer, so it's not that bad.  Otherwise, I'm down to 3 and 1/2 days of teaching, which means I actually get an evening off!  Woo hoo!

We just finished our Vacation Bible School at my church.  I had mentioned to my Mom about calling it Vacation Bible Camp this year, but VBC doesn't quite have the same ring to it as VBS.  Maybe next year.  Anyways, we had our VBS Monday through Thursday in the afternoon (12:30-2:30).  It went SO well!  Last year we had 8 children and this year we had 15-16 each day!  And there were a few very little ones as well :).  God is SO good!

I helped with the opening, singing, playing the piano, etc. each day.  The theme this year was bugs and being transformed by God.  Much like a caterpillar transforms into a butterfly.  For a theme song we did the B-I-B-L-E, but we also learned "There's Been a Great Change Since I've Been Born Again."  The kids loved the part where they got to yell "GREAT" and "CHANGE"  My Mom told the Bible story each day, and another lady told the missionary story.  This year our missionary story was about Cory ten Boom.  I missed most of the missionary story, because I started teaching before VBS was over.  We also did a craft each day, and the last day we got watermelon and ice cream for our snack :).

I have never seen children sit so well as they did this week!  Honestly, I've been in a lot of Vacation Bible Schools, Sunday Schools, Camps, etc., and I really never have seen kids listen and sit as quietly as they did at our VBS.  That was such a blessing.  They all looked up many verses in their Bibles, and some of the children were able to receive their very own Bible!  I was sitting beside one little girl the first day and when my pastor said they could take a Bible home if they didn't have one she said an excited "YES!"  What a blessing!

I'm praying for these kids that were out this week.  Some of them were from Christian homes, but others weren't.  They all heard the gospel this week several times!  I know God can use that in their hearts, and I pray they all accept Christ as their Saviour.  God truly was good to us this week to allow us to have a part in the lives of these children.

No comments:

Post a Comment