That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Friday, June 19, 2009

In a Hurry

People always get in a big hurry. I'm not so sure it's worth it. Lately, my life has been about as unhurried as it can get :). Work has slowed down considerably since the Kiwanis Festival at the end of April. Now I'm spending most of my mornings trying to find things to do. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of things that NEED to be done, but who really WANTS to do them (like water my flowers).

I dislike immensly drivers that are in a hurry. I don't know how many times I've nearly been run off the road by someone trying to get someplace, only to catch up with them at the next light. Do they really think it's worth it to give everyone elso in the road a heartattack for the sake of a few seconds.

But then there's Fridays... For some reason Friday seems to be my hurry day. Maybe it's because I actually teach from 9:30am until about 7:00pm and a couple of different locations. I try not to feel hurried because I really don't like it. But I also find that it's nice to have one day of the week full of activites. Fridays usually end up being one of the best days of the week. When work it done... it's DONE. I don't have to go back for 2 whole days. We have our youth group meetings every other Friday. That's been great. Then there's going out for coffee with friends from work. And just coming home to that sense of relaxation. It means so much more after a day of hurry.

So, in the spirit of being in a hurry I need to post this now and get off to my day.

Psalm 37:4
Oh yeah... didn't have time for a spell check so please excuse any errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment