That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sad and Happy

It's been a busy week and it's only Thursday. But it's been a little sad too.
My Uncle Phil passed last week and his funeral was on Tuesday in Oshawa. He was only 62 and had been battling cancer for about the past year. I drove down Monday night after work to be there.
Pray for my Aunt Valerie. I can't imagine how she feels loosing her husband.

On a bit of a happier note, I did get to spend some time with family while I was down south. Leigh, Julie, and Joel came to the funeral, so it was good to see them again. Joel and Seth got to meet each other for the first time. Joel just wanted to play, but Seth is still too little. We had to keep them separated a bit, so Joel wouldn't pull Seth's ears off. It was pretty cute :). I stayed at Marci and Steve's overnight. Baby Seth is smiling and laughing now, so we had lots of fun.

Then it was drive home Wednesday morning in time to be at work for 2:30pm. Whew! I'm really glad tomorrow is Friday. We're having youth group this week :). Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment