That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Monday, January 11, 2010

Blond Moment

Today my Mom had to come to North Bay for a dentist appointment. She stopped in at my house after, and we hung out for a bit. We were going to have lunch together, but her mouth was still frozen, so we decided to eat later on after I finished teaching at Nipissing U, and before I went to Brava.

As we were discussing where we wanted to eat, she mentioned McDonalds. Usually I make a puke face when people say they want to eat at McDonalds, although I do enjoy the occasional junior chicken meal. Apparently, my Mom saw the puke face and said we could eat at Tim Horton's instead. However, I somehow missed her making that comment.

So at 2:00pm I was at McDonalds waiting for my Mom. But she was across the parking lot at Tim Horton's waiting for me! I had forgotten my cell phone at home, so after 20 minutes of waiting I decided to get some food and go home. When I got home I called her cell phone about 3 times and sent her a text trying to find out where she was. The weird thing was that I saw her van in the parking lot in front of No Frills which is also in that plaza. I just assumed she was grocery shopping and had lost track of time. I had even run in to No Frills to look for her, but of course she wasn't there because she was sitting in Tim Horton's the whole time!!!!

Grrr... I'm not a huge fan of blond moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment