That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hello World!

I was doing better at keeping up with my blog posts. I know once a week isn't really that frequent, but for me it's pretty good. Well, I guess the last ten days I've just been having too much fun to blog :). Acutally, I just haven't been home for any length of time. Anyone who knows me knows I am NOT a night person, so blogging at night after work is just not going to happen. And mornings.... well, I seem to find things to fill them up too.

But, back to my extremely exciting life...haha. I did get to go to a hockey game last weekend. Actually it was two hockey games! Who knew I'd ever become such a fan :). We went to the Nipissing University men's hockey game, and then it was followed but the girls team. So, the interesting thing is that you have to buy tickets for the men's game, but the girls game was free. Hmmmm... something about that just seems a little off. Like, girls aren't as good as boys at hockey? But... the girls actually won their game, and the guys... well let's just say they spent a little too much time in the penalty box.

This weekend is going to be another big weekend. The Near North Voices Choir, of which I am a part, is putting on our concert. We've been rehearsing since September a vocal work called Voices of Light, the Passion of Joan of Arc. It's a really neat work that accompanies a silent film about the final days of Joan of Arc. It's a huge collaboration between our choir, professional vocal and instrumental soloists from all over Ontario, and the North Bay Symphony Orchestra, and it's going to be good! Tickets will be available at the door, so if you are in the area you should check it out. Hopefully next week I'll have some pictures... that's if I remember to give my Mom my camera :).

No comments:

Post a Comment