That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Choir Concert

In September I decided to join the Near North Voices Choir. It is part of Nipissing University, but is also open to members of the community. I am involved in teaching some of the applied music classes at Nipissing, and this year all of my vocal students had to be in the choir as part of their class. I thought that since my students were in the choir it would be a good idea for me to join too :).

This past Saturday we had our concert. We performed Voices of Light, a choral work that accompanies a silent film called "The Passion of Joan of Arc." It's quite an extensive vocal work, and it is not usually something that a community choir would attempt. The director of our choir, Dr. Adam Adler, did an amazing job of coaching us, and bringing all the aspects of this performance together. Not only did we have a choir, but we also had soloists from all over Ontario, as well as many instrumentalists playing with us.

The performance went well! We nearly sold all the tickets, and the feedback from the public has been very positive. I have one picture of us that a friend took for me right after we finished singing.



We got a standing ovation from the audience, which was very coool, but unfortunately that kind of made it hard to get a good picture :). And where am I? ... very well hidden directly behind the projector :).

No comments:

Post a Comment