That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This and That

Yesterdays post was pretty spiritual, so today I'm going to just be normal.  Wait a second... isn't being spiritual normal?  Right!  But seriously, this post isn't going to be too spiritual... just a little of this and that.

This week I have recitals.  AHHHHHHH!!!!  Okay, I'm not really freaking out.  I only have to accompany about 45 of my students over 2 days of recitals, so no big deal.  Actually I like recitals.  They can be stressful, but I have some awesome students, and I like to show them off.  Yeah, I know, that sounds pretty prideful, but they work hard and I taught them everything they know... so what else can I say :).  No really, I have great students and if they didn't practice they would all sound terrible, so it is their accomplishment not mine.

Starting your own business is a HUGE undertaking.  I'm surprised I even have time to blog.  Wait a second... I don't have time.  Right now I should be at the post office, the bank, getting a sign, going to Staples, buying stuff, painting, measuring doors, sending some emails, working on my insurance...  and the list could go on.  I'm pretty excited though.  God is working things out, and if I had any doubt about whether or not it was His will for me to do this, it's gone!  Trusting the Lord is great because He is so faithful, and He comes through every time.

Sorry... I just can't help talking about God :).  I'm sure if you're reading this you don't mind.  You should just expect it by now!  And if you do mind... find another blog to read.

I think my car is dying.  My Dad said it's okay, but it's making some pretty strange noises.  Lots of rattling going on, and it smells.  YUK!  Oh yeah, and have I ever mentioned that my city is full of crazy drivers!!!  And crazy pedestrians.  On Sunday night I was driving by the waterfront and some guy decided to cross the road right in front of me.  He had time to cross if he had walked at a normal speed, but he was walking SO slowly.  All I could think was if you're going to step out in front of on coming traffic could you at least move across the street at a decent pace!

Anyways, enough of my boring ramblings :).  But really that's what a blog is right?  Just someone's thoughts put out into cyberspace for the world to read.  I must start tackling that huge list-of-stuff-I-really-need-to-get-done-today! 

Read my verse... Psalm 84:11 :).

Oh yeah... read this quote this morning, and I really liked it :)


Must everything in our age be predigested? Does the Bible have to be reduced to pablum? I refuse to believe that modern man, who split the atom and is exploring space, is unable to cope with the grandeur and glory of the King James Version.
-Winston Churchill

1 comment:

  1. Great quote. And I am so excited for you about your own business! I know you'll do wonderfully! :) I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete