That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Happenings

This past weekend was some fun times :).  On Saturday I went to Canada's Wonderland with some friends.  We had a great day!  Well, it poured rain for the first hour and a half that we were there.  I mean POURED rain.  I was soaked, and so was everyone else.  But, the cool thing was that we got on four rollercoasters in that time.  The line-ups were practically nothing.  Although the raindrops kinda hurt the face when your riding 100 miles an hour on a rollercoaster :). 

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE rollercoasters.  Well, I LOVE rollercoasters.  I think they are so much fun!  Except for the Fly... that ride is really dumb.  I finally got the ride the Behemoth.  I haven't been to Wonderland since they opened that ride, and I was pretty excited about going on it.  It's a great ride!  It makes every other rollercoaster seem like a walk in the park.  It looks super scary when you're on the ground, and when you first get on it you think you're going to die, but by then it's too late.  The first drop is unreal, but it sure is fun!!!! :)

Eventually the rain let up, and the rest of the day was okay.  We left the park with our Starbucks coffee, and then stopped at Red Lobster in Barrie for supper.  I was exhausted by the time we made it back home, but it was so worth it.  Although I'm not sure the massive bruise on my arm was worth it... okay it was, but it still hurts!

We had some great church services yesterday.  My Dad preached in the morning.  He did a good job :).  In the afternoon we enjoyed some fellowship with one of the church families.  They had picked 11 baskets of strawberries on Saturday, and had asked my Mom to show them how to make jam.  Let's just say cleaning 11 baskets of strawberries takes a LONG time.. even though there were about 5 of us doing it.  We made 34 jars of jam, and there were still tons of strawberries left.  That's ALOT of strawberries.  I think we managed to get red from one end of the kitchen to the other :). 

And now it is Monday.  I have to leave soon and teach a few music lessons tonight.  Today has pretty much been relaxing and trying to recover from a busy week.  I think I'm good to go now :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment