That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Monday, July 5, 2010

The First Day


Today was the first day that Academy of Music was open for business, and it was a good first day!

This past week I was busy with cleaning, moving,  painting, shopping, and organizing.  I had lots of help from my Mom and Dad.  They are the best and they have been a huge blessing in helping me stay motivated about starting my own business!  Mom helped me get some cleaning done at my studio.  Actually most if it was in very good shape.  She basically just sterilized the bathroom and cleaned the hallway.  That bathroom is so clean now you could eat off the floor!  Dad came out on Friday and hung some doors for me.  He also assembled my desk and got my piano moved in.  And he did all that with a sore back!  Thanks Dad!!!  You're the best :). 

Things are coming along.  I had a few people drop in today.  Some were friends, and some were new people that I got to meet.  I think owning a business is going to be alot of fun!  Another special thing that happened today was getting a lovely bouquet of flowers from my friend Heather congratulating me on starting my business!  Thanks again Heather :)! 

I truly am blessed.  When I decided to go on my own and start my business, I was a little apprehensive.  Okay, I was ALOT apprehensive.  Starting a business is huge!  But all along the way God has been with me, and He has given me direction and confirmation so many times that it is His will for me to do this.  As a Christian that is the most important thing for me.  I want to be in the Lord's will at all times!  I praise Him for being able to do this, and I want my business to be used to honour and glorify Him! 


No comments:

Post a Comment