That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Sunday, December 19, 2010

HOME!!!!

Soon I will be headed for the land of no cell phone reception (unless the phone is on the dining room table or you're standing in front of the garage), dial-up internet (which is basically NO internet: my blackberry gets faster internet service than the computer... when I'm in the dining room :), and nights that are actually dark (aka. no street lights!!!!! yup... I'm pumped about that one).   Also known as the wilderness, the sticks, boring Loring, and my parent's house :).  My parent's house is the good part.  Well, the no cell phone thing is sort of a good too :).  Going home is nice.  My mom cooks, they have wood heat (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), my brother and sister are coming, and my mom will probably do my laundry.  I know... that's lame :P.  


Since I will be in the land of no internet, that means probably no blogging for a couple of weeks. That is unless I go through blogging withdrawal, and whip up a post on Sunday when we come to town for church.  Or on Monday when we come for the Ladies Christmas tea.  Or on Christmas Eve when we come out for our church service that night.  Or on New Year's Eve when we come out for our church activity.  Wait... aren't I supposed to be spending the next two weeks in the country?  Away from the city?  Where it's peaceful, quiet, and dark at night?  After writing that paragraph, Christmas break sounds like it might be busier than work.  I really hope not!  I'm sure I'll find time to rest in there somewhere.


Merry Christmas Everybody.  I know it's a cliche phrase, but remember Jesus IS the reason for the season.  And not just Christmas either.  He's the reason for every season!


Genesis 8:22
While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
Psalm 74:17
Thou hast set all the borders of the earth: thou hast made summer and winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment