That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Friday, December 17, 2010

Little Things

I'm feeling a bit stressed today!! Okay, I'm feeling A LOT stressed!.  I'm sitting here at work thinking about the million things that I still have left to do today.  I just spent the last 2 hours (in addition to an hour this morning) running from one end of town to another trying to buy all the stuff I need for the next couple of weeks.  Gifts, cards, candles, gift wrap, and a very necessary Wal-mart run.  Not to mention wrapping said gifts, packing for two weeks at my parents house, and trying to find time to practice for the cantata.  Dress rehearsal is tonight! 


So, as I was running/driving around like a chicken with my head cut off, it struck me how good God is to me even when my attitude is rotten (I yelled at an old man driving a car in front of me because he was turning REALLY slow.  Then I yelled at the taxi who cut me off).


Sometimes it's hard to be thankful on days like today.  The roads are awful.  It's snowing again.  Everyone is driving like maniacs.  It's SO busy out there, that a 5 minute drive is taking more like 15 minutes.  The line-ups in the stores are UNREAL.  What's to be thankful for?  The little things...


I found a parking spot at the bank.  I usually walk to the bank from my store because there are NEVER parking spots there.  Today I risked driving because I had so much to do.  The parking lot was practically empty!  Thank you Lord!


At Wal-mart I parked in the back 40,  but I'm thankful that I have two strong legs, that it's not 20 below out,  and I didn't become a human icicle during my 10 minute walk across the parking lot.  


McDonalds tea is way cheaper than Tim Hortons, and they give you 2 tea bags in a large!  That totally made my day! Plus they have pretty Christmas cups.


I was annoyed this morning when my Mom called me to ask me to buy her a gift she'd forgotten to get.  It ended up that I actually did have time to get it, and it was an extra $2 off the already reduced price :).  


I'm thankful because I think I'm FINALLY done my Christmas shopping!  I don't have to go back to the mall tonight.  My car is all packed and ready to go to my parents.  I just have to get through work and cantata practice and then I'm on my way to VACATION!  


Most of all I'm thankful that it's Christmas.  I love how much Christmas makes me think of Christ.  I love how it presents so many opportunities to witness.  I mostly love John 3:16.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment