That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Every day Stuff

My parents are on a mission trip to Brazil.  They are helping to renovate an old warehouse into a church.  I would absolutely LOVE to be there with them!  But, I had this crazy idea about opening my own business back in July, and somebody has to run it!  Hence, I'm freezing to death in the -20 (Celsius) north, and my parents are sweating in the +30 (Celsius; plus humidity) south.  AND  I have the great privilege and honour of caring for the cat while they are gone.



He looks all nice and friendly in the picture.  Don't be fooled!  Chester decided it would be a good idea to puke up a massively DISGUSTING hairball on my bed the very first night he was here.  Apparently I'm a sound sleeper because his gagging didn't wake me up.  Ugh... Imagine waking up and the first thing to you see is a dark coloured pile of stomach stuff on your beautiful, pure white bed spread.  GROSS!  Now I'm awake, MAD, and if there was a wolf around I would have thrown that cat to it in a heartbeat.  Then he starts gagging again and leaves a nice liquidy mess in the hallway.  Let's just say in the cleaning up process I nearly added my own stomach contents to his.  If anyone wants a cat I have one I'm trying to give away before next Friday.  He comes with a litter box, carrying cage, and a nearly full bag of food!

Work is CRAZY!  I really missed my Mom tonight.  She usually sits at the desk on Thursdays, so I can teach without being interrupted. Tonight I was jumping up from the piano every 5 seconds to check who had come in the door.  It was always just the next student.  Unfortunately the multiple distractions made for some pretty disjointed lessons.  I hope my student's didn't mind.  

We had our Ladies Bible Study at church today.  It was good.  It was encouraging.  We're studying about trials.  Today's lesson was about God's chastening.  God sends trials for two reasons.  Either He's disciplining and correcting us, or He's strengthening our faith.  The truth that I personally got from the study is that these two reasons are often connected.  God sends a trial.  We start searching our lives to see what He's trying to teach us and what we need to change (discipline and correction).  In the process we generally turn to the Scripture more and pray more, and thus, our faith is strengthened.  Cool eh?

Have I mentioned it's cold here?  It is SO cold.  It's a good thing I plugged my car in this morning.

My house is COVERED in orange cat hair.  Not as disgusting as hairball vomit, but almost as annoying.

I think I might paint the bathroom at my store this weekend.  I'm not sure what colour yet, but I'm open to suggestions.  I'm leaning towards some shade of grey.  

It was my best friend's birthday yesterday.  I bought her a card like a week and a half ago, and it sat on the back seat of my car until... yesterday.  Now it's in the envelop, but I need to address it.  Sorry Heather.  It's coming.

Last weekend I got to go to a wedding.  The food was really good :).  I also got to see my nephew :).  He's so cute and fun!

We're having youth group tomorrow night at church.  I don't have an activity planned yet.  Maybe charades?  Phase 10?  I'm still thinking.  I did remember to get the pizza though :).

I've decided I need to go on the Junior Bacon Cheeseburger diet.  Someone commented today that they think I've gotten thinner!  Not good!  

I missed No Frills dollar sale :(.

I can't believe this month is more than half over!  

I should probably go to bed, and try to let my brain rest for a while.  I have to go to work early tomorrow morning... too much to do!

I read this verse the other day in my Bible reading. It's kind of random, but I liked it.  Ecclesiastes 8:1.
Who is as the wise man? and who knoweth the interpretation of a thing? a man's wisdom maketh his face to shine, and the boldness of his face shall be changed.
I just like the face shining part.  I reminded me of the verse in Philippians from my blog the other day where it says we shine as lights.  





2 comments:

  1. I like the part about us shining as lights also.
    Enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aliene. I'm glad you enjoy reading it :).

    ReplyDelete