That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What is a Pharisee?

A while ago I did a post about the Pharisees.  You can read it here.


I've think that we tend to misunderstand the Pharisees, and what Jesus wanted us to learn from them.  I think we are quick... too quick... to label others as Pharisees, without realizing that we ourselves carry many of their less favourable traits (I'll include myself in that). 


Today I read this article... also about Pharisees.  It brought out some points I found really interesting.  It doesn't necessarily answer the question entirely of who the Pharisees were, but it does deal with a common misconception of them.  You can read it here.  Enjoy :].

No comments:

Post a Comment