That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just the Usual

The last few days have just been the usual. Usual is an interesting word. Usual for me consists of finishing my grass cutting, planting a few flowers, going for a walk downtown, and the other usual activities that follow in a day. Eating, sleeping, and work :-).

Sometimes, I think it would be fun to lead what would be considered an exciting life. Like being the ambassador to Greece! SWEET! I would love to live in Greece. Or living in a villa in Italy. Or being a tour guide for African Safaris. Or working on a ranch in the Australian outback. Or being a music teacher in Dubai (I saw an add for that once in the Toronto Star). Or...

Then I think about how much God has given me here. Really, I don't want to be anywhere else than where I am right now! I have a house to live in... that I own! I have my family close by. I have great friends that I get to visit (can hardly wait for June 29). I have a car, clothes, food, an amazing job, a great church family. The list could go on and on.

Some people spend all their time thinking and wishing of what could be. I prefer to live in the here and now, and be thankful for what is. Don't get me wrong, I'm always dreaming and planning about what I'd like to do in the future. But, I try not to let that keep me from enjoying the present.

I think that's what Paul meant in Philippians 4 when he said ".. I have learned in whatsoever state I am therewith to be content." God said He would do what's best for me, and I truly believe He has me in the best place for me right now. If He didn't I'd be somewhere else. So, no matter what my state is... or where it is... I hope I can say with Paul that I too have learned to be content.

Philippians 4 (an awesome chapter).

No comments:

Post a Comment