That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Baby Seth

I have not blogged in a long time! So much for keeping up with regular posts...hehe. I do think I have a bit of an excuse though. Like not being home for the last month! Due to the fact that I am now home, I think there will be a flurry of activity on my blog in the next few days. So, what to blog about first.

Well, I did spend 2 and a half weeks in BC. That was fun and I have a lot of pictures. We also had an amazing church camp the third week of July! And there was the day in Toronto too (garbage and all!). But, really the choice wasn't that hard. I HAVE to post pictures of my new nephew!


Baby Seth David was born at 10:59 am on July 29. He weighed 7 pounds and was 21 inches long. Proud parents are my sister Marcia and Stephen. I must say they are very pround parents! And they have good reason to be. He is a very sweet baby.


It's always a scary thing with the phone rings at 3:30am. That's when my Mom called me on Wednesday to tell me Marcia was in labour. I actually had her van at my house because my Dad was fixing my car. So, when Marci called them my dad went out at 2:00am to finish fixing the car, and when he was done I drove down to Trout Creek to switch vehicles with my Mom. Mom arrived in Oshawa at about 7:30am and a few hours later they had a baby.
I was able to go see Seth on Thursday. He was only about 27 hours old and so cute. I've never held a baby that small or new before. Can you describe holding a baby as fun? Because it sure was.
Marcia is a great Mom and Steve is a great Dad. I know Seth is loved by all his family... grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. I sure love him.



What an amazing gift a child is. Only God could create something so miraculous. I have no idea how a body grows and forms in a womb. How can it even survive? And then it is born and lives, breathes, and grows... truly we have a great Creator. Even though Seth is only a few days old you can tell that he loves his family too! I think that is one of the greatest miracles.




We love you baby Seth!

No comments:

Post a Comment