That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Car

My car is... I could fill in that blank with a lot of negative things, but I will try to refrain:). My very first car was much worse! Anyone ever heard of a Dodge Omni? After I graduated college I needed a car. I was teaching that fall, and just could not put off having a vehicle any longer. But, there was one slight problem. I opted to take a summer missions trip with the year I graduated, along with going on choir tour. Of course that meant I spent money the whole summer instead of working for it. But I would never trade the opportunities I had on both of those trips to serve the Lord. They will be experiences I will never forget!

So needless to say come that September (2003) the financial side of things was looking pretty grim. But no worries, I would have full time work in the fall and everything would be fine.

My grandma had decided that it was time for her to get a new vehicle, so gave my dad her old car for me:). My Dad seems to have this hidden talent for making old cars run forever! I drove that Omni, or as my Dad fondly referred to it "The Omlette", for two years. Then my sister drove it for another four years! And in between that my Dad used it for a bit for his work commute.

Sad to say, the Omni finally was laid to rest this summer. It was sold for scrap. I'm not even sure how much my Dad got for it?? Maybe $100, maybe $50? It wasn't worth much. But, it was faithful, and it served the purpose we needed. Unfortunately, I don't have an acutal picture of it, but here are a couple from google images. We had the icy blue model.




I did get a lot of weird looks driving around in that little car. Mine had a lot more rust on it, which my Dad periodically painted over with black paint. Probably the funniest story about that car was one time when I was babysitting some kids and the oldest boy who was eleven at the time asked me how old my car was. I told him (it was a 1988), and he quickly did the math and realized that the car was older than him! He seemed to get quite a kick out of that:).

2 comments:

  1. Hey! It's Lyndsay's little sister- Jerusha. I just have a diff name on here because your the only person I've actually met...in person. :P Nice blog!
    Jerusha aka Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jerusha,
    Thanks i was wondering who you were:) Have a great day

    ReplyDelete