That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thankful

I have a lot to be thankful for. I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but sometimes I think Thanksgiving, like many other holidays, becomes a little cliche. Besides, it's good to be thankful all the time. So here is my thankful list... before Thanksgiving.
1. My salvation ~ I am so glad I know Jesus as my Saviour, and that I will have a
home in heaven when I die.
2. My family ~ They are the best, and I LOVE my two new nephews
3. My church ~ Near North Baptist Church; 101 Worthington St. E.
4. My home ~ who knew I'd own a house at 25 years old??
5. A job ~ especially in this day when so many people are out of work
6. Friends ~ you know who you are!
7. A car ~ I'll take it even though it's not a BMW
8. Health ~ This is a big one too!
9. Contentment
10. Grocery Stores ~ So much more original than just saying food:)
11. Clothes
12. Warmth ~ Tried out my new furnace today... it was a little chilly this morning.
13. Sunshine ~ mmm... soak it up.
14. Rain ~ especially the sound of it at night when it puts me to sleep
15. Alarm clocks ~ Where would I be? In bed!
16. Knowledge ~ Just think about that.
17. Homeschooling ~ Loved it and thankful my Mom saw the value in it
18. Encouragement ~ It's nice to know people care
19. Smiles ~ Even when they come from strangers
20. Safety ~ God is good
21. The Bible ~ This probably should have been way farther up on the list.. oops
22. The 21st century ~ Just think about life 100 years ago and you will be thankful
for it too! (flush toilets)
23. Freedom ~ I won't be thrown in jail or tortured for my beliefs!
24. Music ~ Even when it does get stuck in my head and plays over, and over, and over
25. Colour ~ Remember how boring black and white TV is? What would our world be
without colour?

Really this list could go on and on, and be much more detailed. But who do I express all this thankfulness too? It's God that gives us all good things, and it is He who deserves my thankfulness. Without Him my life would be pointless.
Thank you Lord for saving my soul.
Thank you Lord for making me whole.
Thank you Lord for giving to me,
Thy GREAT salvation so rich and free!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thought I'd leave a comment. so.... Here it is :) Have a great day! - Heather

    ReplyDelete