That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm ready!?? I think...

December weekends are always crazy, but I think I'm ready for this one! It all started this morning, with me remembering to call my Mom and wish her happy birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! (just in case you read this which you probably won't cause your computer is too slow, but that's okay :).

Next on to me fighting with my computer. I think I'm the most computer challanged 27year old I know! I was making programs for the Candy Cane recital, which I am the chair of tomorrow, and it just was not going well. I had the program already made and just needed to type out the Christmas carols we are going to be singing. My idea was order of recital on the front of the page, Christmas carols on the back of the page. I figured if I did my layout in landscape I could get 2 programs per page and use less paper. Well, my error was deciding we should sing the 12 days of Christmas... which is the LOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGEEEEEEESSSSSSSTTTTT Christmas carol ever, so the lyrics wouldn't fit unless I did size 6 font! Rather than making people squint to read the words, I decided to reformat the whole program. That's were the agony began!!! I don't know why my computer can't read my mind and just do what I want it to do... sheesh!

I finally got it all done, and now I have a full sheet program with slightly bigger than size 6 font :). Everyone will be able to see the words, so there is no excuse for not singing!

Next I was off to the Opera Cafe for their grand opening. There were some amazingly good treats there! I especially liked the espresso brownies... mmmmmmm.

Next, run errands, including: copy programs for recital, get candy canes for recital, find Mom a birthday card and present, etc.....

I still haven't found time to bake cookies yet, but I bought a brownie mix, and I think I might do that instead.

I'm ready for the recitals tonight! If my students don't know their songs by now, too bad because we've been practicing since the week after Thanksgiving! I know they will do good though.

I'm ready for the Candy Cane recital tomorrow. Just need to find time to make my brownies... and I'm on the computer!!! Not good time management!

Now it's off to get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment