That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back into the Swing of Things

Wednesday down! Thursday and Friday to go! The first week back at work after Christmas break is always fun. All my students are rested after a nice break, and I'm feeling pretty good too. Since the Christmas recital is a thing of the distant past... this week is all about picking out new music. I must say, by the end of trying to find music for 50+ students, my voice is a little tired. I haven't croaked in anyone's lesson yet, but I've still got two days to go! I love it when my students come into their lesson and request to learn a song. I truly believe that music should be enjoyable, and if a student likes a song, they are going to be that much more likely to actually practice it.

Here's a funny Christmas story. My Dad made a bookcase for my nephew Joel. Julie wanted a bookcase that she could set the books on flat, so that Joel would be able to see them and pick the ones he wanted to read. So, Dad made her this beautiful bookcase out of oak. He is really good at making things out of wood, and I think that it looks amaming. Well, it was too big to wrap, so he just tied a bow on it and put Joel's name on it. But, instead of telling Joel what it really was, my Dad told him it was a ladder. So, Joel decided that he needed to climb it! Thankfully oak is pretty heavy, so it didn't tip over when he was climbing it.



I had to post this picture, because I just think Seth is soooo cute. And I can't post a picture of Joel without putting one of Seth up too :).


I love being an aunt! I just wish my nephews lived closer, so I could see them all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment