That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Questions and Answers


The past few days on facebook I have been posting a question in my status, just to see what kind of response I would get. It's been interesting :). My first question was "If you could be anything in the world, what would it be?" Of course, I thought I'd be clever and said I'd be the caretaker of a tropical island. The most memorable answer to that question was from one of my co-workers. She said she would be more kind and compassionate. Wow!!! What a great goal to have in life! It reminds me of the verse I used to have posted at the top of my blog. Since I took it off I'll have to quote it. "Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

The next questions was "If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?" That one got a lot of response. My sister's was the funniest. She said she would go to sleep. I guess that's every new mother's dream vacation... sleeping undisturbed :).

My last question was "what is your favourite season and why." I know, I lacked inspiration that day, and it was all I could think of. But it was still interesting... at least the why part was interesting. I'm definitely with my one friend who said that winter was his favourite season because there are no bugs! YES! But if we could only eliminate the cold problem... then winter would be PERFECT!

Questions and answers reveal alot about a persons character. Sometimes they reveal the expected and other times it's the unexpected. Questions are one of the most important parts of life. Without questions there would be no learning, no freedom, no failures, no successes, no personal growth, no maturity. Without answers there would be frustration, discouragement, disillusionment, and hopelessness. Even though I'll never have all the answers I know someone Who does. God knows EVERYTHING! That means He knows all the answers. When I don't know which way to turn, or what to do He promises to lead me.
"And the LORD shall guide thee continually... " Isaiah 58:11
"For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even unto death." Psalm 48:14
"Trust in the Lord with all thing heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God that giveth to all men liberally..." James 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment