That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Friday, March 26, 2010

Coco was here :) And now she's gone :( But she's coming back :)

This blog post promises to be much happier than my last one! Wow... I'm really glad that day is over. Anyways... it's always good to see friends. Especially friends from far away, that you don't get to see very often. My friend Coco has been staying with me since Monday. You may remember from an earlier blog post that she is going to be a missionary in Trinidad. Well it turned out that she had nothing scheduled this week or next week, so she came for a visit.

Before she came she did not have a meeting scheduled for this Sunday. There are not many Independent Baptist Churches in this area, but I gave her a few suggestions of some pastors to call that weren't too far away. By Tuesday night she had a meeting booked for this weekend in Sault Ste. Marie at Maranatha Baptist Church. I realize that Sault Ste. Marie isn't that close to North Bay, but it's much closer for her to drive from my house, than from somewhere in southern Ontario. God worked out the timing perfectly for her to get this meeting. It turns out that the church was already having a special weekend of tract distribution with a group from a church down south, so having a missionary come too was an added bonus for them. Praise the Lord.

Now Coco is gone :(. But she will be back on Monday and then will be leaving on Friday to travel to her next church. One of the reasons I really like having Coco come to my house is that she cooks the most amazing food for me!!! I know that is totally selfish, but I love it. I can cook, but I don't really enjoy it, especially because I'm only ever making food for myself. Having someone around to make meals is awesome!!! I know it sounds like I'm her friend just for the food, but I'd be her friend even if she didn't cook for me. Not only does she cook, but she does my dishes too!

Her car cracks me up. It's a little Toyota Yaris, and she has that thing packed to the roof! Basically she has enough stuff with her to live for a whole year away from home. Even the front seat is piled high with "stuff." It's pretty crazy.


I think a red car definitely suits her :)


No comments:

Post a Comment