That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Monday, March 29, 2010

I Have No Voice!!!


Really, for most people it wouldn't be a big deal to loose their voice. It just so happens that I am a voice teacher! So, how do you work when you can't sing? Well, I am living proof that it can be done :). I have not sung a single note all day today. Although I did try. One of my students forgot some words while she was singing tonight. Normally, I would just jump and sing to help her get back on track. Well, I did that out of habit... but actually all that came out was a squeak! Literally! AH....(squeak). So, instead of helping her finish the song, I ruined it by making us both burst into hysterical giggles at my ah...squeak!


It's definitely a challenge to try and not use my voice. Even though I'm not singing, talking is still painful too. And I have been doing ALOT of talking the past few days. Catching up with Coco, my daily chats with my Mom, (that's it... Mom, I'm not calling you tomorrow! I need to save my voice!), talking to all my students, chatting with the girls at work, going out for coffee last Friday... just so much talking! I know I talk a lot, but I realized that I actually talk ALOT when I try to stop talking, because it's so hard to stop!
I love talking, and I don't want to give it up :(. So, I will continue to gargle with salt water, take vitamin C, drink tea... lots of tea, and suck on throat lozenges! All in hopes of maybe being able to squeak my way through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment