That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Friday, April 30, 2010

It's Time!

Time for what?  It's time to blog!  Yes, again it's been a while since I have been on here.  I apologize, but never fear... I haven't disappeared off the face of the earth or anything.

April has been quite an eventful month.  My university class finished with a great recital on April 15th.  I must say all my students did very well, and we had a good number of people come and enjoy the music.

The Kiwanis Festival of Music and Dance also took place this month.  I had several students achieve top honours in their categories.  One in beginner piano, and two vocal students, as well as my vocal trio all received trophies and awards.  Not to mention MANY of my students placed either first, second, or third in their entries.  Congrats to all the other teachers who had students involved in the festival as well!  Everyone did a great job.  It's amazing how much courage it takes to get up and sing in front of an audience, and be judged on your singing.  I know I would not have done it when I was a teenager.

My favourite thing that happened this past month was having family visit.  Leigh, Julie, and Joel came up for a weekend, and it was really good to see them.  Marcia and Seth also came up and stayed for a whole week!  My nephews are both just the most adorable little guys!

Another exciting thing that has been going on this month is the preparations of our new church building.  Near North Baptist Church is moving into a new building this Sunday!  We have spent the last month painting, painting, painting, and painting!  Along with cleaning and packing and organizing, etc.  Tomorrow is the last day we have to get things ship shape for Sunday, so my Saturday is going to be spent helping with the move.  I'm excited about this opportunity God has given our church to be in a more visible location in North Bay.  We are praying that God will allow us to reach out to the community in an even greater way for His glory. 

 That brings me back to the time thing.  Time is an interesting concept. Some day time on earth will end, but the Bible is clear that our soul will live forever somewhere.  Eternity is a hard concept for our human minds to grasp and yet it is real.  The Bible says "...behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." (II Cor 6:2).  The salvation of your soul is not something that can be put of until a later day, or it may be too late.  "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement: so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many..." 

Don't wait to become a Christian... it's time!

No comments:

Post a Comment