That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...
Philippians 2:15-16a

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cars

Anyone who knows me knows that I like cars.  I especially like... can you guess?  Click here to see if you were right :).  Luxury cars are always fun to try and spot while you're driving, and they aren't as common on the roads up here (except for Ford Mustangs... I see those all the time).  When I lived down south every second car you passed was a luxury car.  That just makes the whole noticing cars thing not so much fun anymore.   BTW, I'm a huge fan of the new Camaro, so if anyone needs an idea of what to get me for Christmas....!  Cherry red preferably :).


Another thing I like to do while I'm driving (besides scout out all the beamers in town :) is pray.  Usually I'm by myself in my car, and it's quite, which makes it a great opportunity to pray.  With my eyes open of course!   I also tend to notice cars that are the same as people that I know own.  For instance, there's this blue green dodge caravan in North Bay exactly like my parent's.  It even has a similar license plate number.  Once I was really confused because I saw it while I was taking a walk, and I thought it was my Mom.  Only I had just spoken to her on the phone about half an hour before, so I knew there was no way she could be in North Bay!  


A few days ago, while driving, I was praying, and then I noticed a car that was the same as one of my friend's, and it reminded me to pray for them.  Then I had my brilliant idea.  Since cars are something I notice, and since I pray a lot while I'm driving, why not consciously make an effort to pray for the people I know when I see the car that's the same as the one they own.  I've been trying this for a few weeks now, and it's a really neat way of praying.  It's just something I thought that I could do to help me remember to pray for more people.  I don't usually pray a long prayer, just something simple.  Like for God to encourage that person, or give them a special blessing, or if they are unsaved, that He would work in their heart so they might come to know Him.  


Now you know that if I know what kind of car you drive, I'll probably be praying for you when I see that car.  Just remember, whenever you see a white, two-door, pontiac sunfire you can pray for me too :).

No comments:

Post a Comment